Schedule your Body Talk Session Today!
Rachelle is a student of Body talk taking practice clients for donation only. Book your appointment today.
What is Mind-Body Medicine?
Mind-body medicine is a holistic approach to medicine that takes into account the effect of the mind on the physical processes of the body including the effects of psychosocial stressors and conditioning. (http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com)
Mind-body medicine focuses on:
- The interactions among the brain, the rest of the body, the mind, and behavior.
- The ways in which emotional, mental, social, spiritual, experiential, and behavioral factors can directly affect health.
Why is BodyTalk a Mind-Body Medicine?
BodyTalk works with the influence of our psychology, mood, emotions, and belief systems on our physical health.
What is BodyTalk?
BodyTalk is a type of Mind-Body medicine that looks at the whole person and the whole context of their life to address their health issues: physical, emotional, social and environmental stressors, geneic, epigenetic lifestyle factors, and belief systems.
BodTalk uses four key tools to establish and activate a prioritized and individualized treatment for a client based on a framework originally developed by Dr. John Veltheim that involves the new scientific evidence of quantum physics based healing:
1. A comprehensive and integrative map of the body and mind (the BodyTalk protocol chart)
2. A specific language to navigate around this mind-body map (the Exploring Procedure chart)
3. A neuromuscular biofeedback technique, a subtle movement of the arm/wrist of the client by the practitioner to get yes/no information that allows establishment of the priorities from the protocol chart.
4. A light tapping on the head and sternum to activate the brain and the electromagnetic field of the heart, thereby activating the treatment.
For more information on BodyTalk:
Books to read:
The Science and Philosophy of BodyTalk: Healthcare Designed By Your Body by John Veltheim